Financial Controller job in Woking
- To manage monthly, quarterly, annual financial reporting, including the submissions for Group consolidated reports, focusing on accuracy, reasonableness, and adherence to GAAP, statutory and corporate policies
- Continually improve financial processes and systems
- Identify actions and define procedures to make the close and reporting processes more efficient and accurate.
- Monitor the day-to-day financial operations within the company
- Preparation of annual budget and periodic forecasts; support with analytical analysis the review and the approval process
- Analyse costs, pricing, variable contributions, sales results and the company's actual performance compared to the budget and forecasts.
- Monitor cash balances and cash forecasts, identifying opportunities for improvement on cash generation
- Prepare presentations and financial reports for the Board of Directors, Leadership Team, and other stakeholders
- Develop performance analysis: prepare KPI's, track key performance measures for the different divisions
- Conduct reviews and evaluations for cost-reduction opportunities.
- Set up the appropriate and reliable internal control system, ensuring that the company adhere to financial regulations and legislation
- Design and administer accounting policies and controls, adopt and maintain Group financial policies and procedures
- Define and monitor key performance indicators
- Provide support to external auditors, and supervision of the year-end audit process
The ideal candidate;
- Solid experience in a complex environment
- Previous team management is essential
- Prior experience in a Big4 is considered a bonus but not essential
- ACCA, CIMA OR ACA Qualified with the relevant post qualified experience
- Deep knowledge of local accounting principles - knowledge of IFRS/US GAAP is advantagous
- Advanced Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint skills - knowledge or experience with HFM (Hyperion)
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Please note that any references to salary or pay rates in this advertisement and in the salary refinement section are indicative only and should only be used as a guide.