Financial Accountant - Treasury
Financial Accountant, Treasury - £275-300 day rate PAYE - Luxury Fashion Retail Business
Morgan Mckinley are recruiting for a Financial Accountant to oversee the treasury function at a luxury, fashion retail organisation. The role is for 2 months paying between £275-300 a day PAYE.
- Recreate cash-book from bank statements, analyse and post to general ledger
- Reconcile domestic and foreign bank accounts
- Allocate the direct debit, telegraphic transfer payments and process cheque cancellations for the Accounts Payable department
- Reconciliation of bank accounts held for the receipt of credit card monies and posting entries to the general ledger on a monthly basis, with issues resolved on a timely basis
- Preparation of the daily banking position and weekly forecasts including actualising the previous week
- Compilation of monthly Sales Receipt Analysis prepared by the sites' cash offices and posting to the general ledger. To liaise with the cash offices and other personnel where necessary to investigate discrepancies on their submitted Sales Receipt Analysis
- Responsible for bank, credit card, petty cash and till float balance reconciliations
- Regular liaison with store personnel from various sites in order to provide assistance with banking matters. Also to pro-actively liaise with both the IT department and the external credit card acquirer as required to resolve issues on a timely basis
- Responsible for the reconciliation of function debtor accounts across the sites and regular liaison with accounts receivable team and sites to resolve issues, ensure invoices have been raised and settlement received
- Assist in the preparation of the monthly management pack
- Plan and organise any other ad-hoc projects and take on any additional month end responsibilities as required by the Financial Accounting Manager
- Develop and maintain thorough knowledge of the operations of the business and the activities of other departments within the business
- Part-qualified and studying towards an accounting qualification (ACCA/ACA/CIMA)
- Strong PC skills, particularly Excel (Intermediate to Advanced desirable)
- Retail experience would be advantageous
- You have the ability to work well under pressure and to varying deadlines
- You have good analytical skills and problem solving skills
- Flexible in working hours (expectations at month-end)
- View to improve procedures i.e. shorten month-end procedures, improve systems and processes, etc.
- Self-motivated with a positive attitude to work
- Keen to learn and take on more responsibility
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
If this opportunity could be of interest, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency and references to pay rates are indicative.
BY APPLYING FOR THIS ROLE YOU ARE AGREEING TO OUR TERMS OF SERVICE WHICH TOGETHER WITH OUR PRIVACY STATEMENT GOVERN YOUR USE OF MORGAN MCKINLEY SERVICES.