I am recruiting for a Qualified (ACCA / CIMA) Financial Accountant in Brighton, East Sussex
Financial Accountant - Brighton, East Sussex
We are looking for a dependable and capable Financial Accountant to be managerially responsible for internal reporting of the monthly management information and monthly financial returns. You will also take responsibility for the internal reporting of the company sales and incentive schemes and reconciliation of funding reports ensuring the accuracy and integrity of the financial accounts. This is an exciting opportunity that works closely with internal teams including HR, Compliance and Risk that will offer the successful candidate to develop their career with a well-known and respected business.
Some of the key responsibilities of a Financial Accountant include, but are not limited to:
- Monitor and report all management information (MI) for business to include client numbers and reporting, including creation of insightful management information on all new business.
- Calculate and report monthly and annual sales / staff commissions
- Company incentive scheme review ownership.
- Intermediary policy annual review and control ensuring the policy is adhered to at all times and reporting cases on non-compliance
- Update and monitor pricing model performance against actual performance and undertake annual sign off process and keep the developers report up to date
- Preparation and maintenance of accruals / prepayments as required
- Daily business funding, including maintenance and reconciliation of funding reports
- Processing foreign currency transfers
- Oversee team tasks, primarily the bank and transaction reconciliations to SAP
- Manage the annual incentive scheme reviews process.
- Present on incentive scheme as well as any other compliance, assurance or governance matter.
Who are we looking for?
- Studying or have completed a professional accountancy qualification at CIMA / ACCA level.
- Evidence of management or team leadership in a finance department or business
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills with a strong focus on Excel
- Stakeholder management; building good relationships with all levels of staff
- Ability to work to deadlines, especially during reporting periods
- SAP experience or knowledge would be a bonus but not essential
This exciting Financial Accountant role is based centrally in Brighton. If you are keen on joining this exciting, forward thinking company and taking the next step in your career, then please click the apply now button to find out more.
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Please note that any references to salary or pay rates in this advertisement and in the salary refinement section are indicative only and should only be used as a guide.