Finance Manager role for a newly qualified ACA interested in Private Equity
Great opportunity for a newly qualified chartered accountant to join a dynamic private equity investor based in the West End.
The Finance Manager will play an integral part of the accounting and administration of both fund and corporate sides of the firm.
As part of a small team you will have a broad role, providing support to the Finance Director in all aspects of finance operations and provide ad-hoc support to the investment team.
Responsibilities will include:
- Responsible for ensuring high quality financial and management information is provided to senior management and external investors.
- Preparation of investor reporting in conjunction with the outside administrators;
- Preparation of investor presentations;
- Business Partner with the deal team with operational issues, reporting on asset performance and optimise investment returns;
- Modelling on investments;
- Provide valuation advice and strategy for the Funds;
- Plan and manage the company's budgeting and forecasting process;
- Preparation of statutory and management accounts and providing analysis of variances;
- Various compliance and administrative tasks;
- Other ad hoc support to ensure the smooth running of the Finance and Administration department
- VAT and FCA returns;
- Management of the year-end audit process;
- Oversight of sales and purchase ledger;
- Bank reconciliations;
- Management of a junior staff member
Skills and Expertise
- Qualified ACA//ICAEW/ICAS (ideally practice trained)
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to manage and prioritise workloads
- High level of intellectual curiosity
- Ability to communicate effectively both written and verbally
- Desire to gain experience in private equity
- Ability to learn new concepts and processes quickly
- Excellent presentation and communication skills.
- Competency with MS office applications
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency and references to pay rates are indicative.
BY APPLYING FOR THIS ROLE YOU ARE AGREEING TO OUR TERMS OF SERVICE WHICH TOGETHER WITH OUR PRIVACY STATEMENT GOVERN YOUR USE OF MORGAN MCKINLEY SERVICES.