FINANCE MANAGER - MATERNITY COVER - GLOBAL BUSINESS
FINANCE MANAGER JOB
My client is a global business looking to recruit a Finance Manager to join their central Finance team.
This is a maternity cover contract role, with an immediate start date, this Finance Manager role also provides the scope to liaise with the senior leadership team. This role is responsible for ensuring the general accounting processes, performed both internally and externally are completed timely and accurately for the OPEX European business.
Key responsibilities for this Finance Manager role;
- Responsible for the accurate recording of all operating expenses for each of the entities
- Ensuring month-end review and reporting supports the close process
- Provide support service to other teams on all operating expense related activities. This will include journal review, review of processes, ad-hoc requests to review positions, month-end and year-end reporting
- Review and analysis to support the Tax Department for VAT purposes
- Ownership of the OPEX processes and results, including balance sheet reconciliation
- Ensure month end reconciliations are completed timely and accurately
- Identify and suggest process improvements
- Provide direct input into various ad-hoc projects that require understanding and fixing control issues that arise
- Liaising with Internal and External audit to resolve any issues and queries
To be successful in your application for this role it is beneficial to have;
- Part or fully qualified accountant (ACCA/CIMA)
- Knowledge of the general accounting processes within a large business
- Demonstrable experience of recording OPEX costs
- Microsoft Excel skills (Pivot tables; Filters; Formulas)
- Ability to work under your own initiative, and under pressure to tight deadlines
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Please note that any references to salary or pay rates in this advertisement and in the salary refinement section are indicative only and should only be used as a guide.