Finance Business Partner - Nearly/Newly Qualified
Role: Finance Business Partner
The role is business facing. You'll manage part of our revenue portfolio within the Insurance team, and work with our directors and senior managers to support them in day to day decision making, using the detailed and accurate analysis that you provide and interpret.
Key areas of the role include:
- Personally, or through managing a team of staff, provide an expert service covering a range of specialist financial, accounting and reconciliation activities, to deliver a high level of service meeting quality, cost and control standards.
- Produce accurate, detailed reports in accordance with established timescales, to include actual, forecasting and budget. These will include monthly, quarterly and annual reporting packs as well as bimonthly in some instances.
- Prepare monthly summaries of balance sheet accounts (e.g. fixed assets, cash-type accounts and pre-payments, accruals, debtors, creditors, VAT, inter-company/business and stock accounts) to demonstrate complete reconciliation and ensure accuracy of the balance sheet.
- Ensure compliance with Group and business policies, as well as quality standards, including security and confidentiality of information. Ensure that regulatory and statutory audit requirements are met, working with businesses and relevant departments, e.g. Group Finance, Taxation, Treasury and Business Assurance.
- Identify improvements to processes and working practices, including the development of management information, that provide business benefits through improved service and/or cost reduction.
- Adhoc project work, including business case completion and revenue modelling for new projects and opportunities.
- Your responsibilities could change from month to month, but as a rough guide we expect your time to be split a little something like this: 25%-month end (we close in 5 days), 25% weekly and monthly reporting, 25% forecasting and budget, 25% ad hoc project work
Knowledge and experience SAP:
- Business objects and BPC knowledge would be useful, but not essential if you have experience of other similar systems
- Data gathering, analysis, interpretation and explanation skills Business awareness
- Insurance knowledge would be an advantage
- A registered member of an accounting body
- Strong commercial awareness of the market (Insurance)
- People person with strong communication skills
- Accurate and thorough worker with excellent time management
- Problem solver who thinks outside the box and expresses information concisely to non-finance personnel
- Ability to prioritise with conflicting deadlines
- Works well as part of a team and willing to roll sleeves up and help everyone when necessary
- Committed to the brand
- Seeks to improve processes and make efficiencies where possible Ability to build strong business relationships
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Please note that any references to salary or pay rates in this advertisement and in the salary refinement section are indicative only and should only be used as a guide.