Entrepreneur in Residence - Capital Markets - £900/day
Our client, one of the worlds leading banks, has created an internal innovation function to accelerate new product launches using lean start up methology.
You will provide critical support and mentorship to teams and act as a "co founder", validating products and markets, driving MVP and launches and taking the concepts through into successful ventures.
- Work with established internal startup teams as a co-founder to help these projects evolve into meaningful initiatives
- For early and late stage startups, to drive business and pricing models development to appropriate level of maturity. To support the eventual commercialization of the resulting products and use market tests and research to select the most optimal approach.
- Develop and execute go to market strategies
- To drive business development, closing deals and developing a network that will ensure the Startup's profitability and success.
- Structuring deals and guiding legal contract development to reflect partner needs and best interested of Startups.
- Apply the teams process, and Lean startup practices in general, to ensure that the largest assumptions are identified and that experimentation and research are used to validate or invalidate assumptions early in the project lifecycle
- Help teams prepare for and in some cases deliver pitches to executive teams, ala Dragon's Den, to obtain commitment and funding
- Perform project management to ensure efforts are efficiently run with regards to scope, schedule, and communication and, when necessary, herd cats
- Work with Innovation Lab Product Managers to guide the definition, design, development and launch of new digital products
- Perform stakeholder management inside and outside of the organisation to gain commitment and resources from internal organizations and external partners
- Help navigate all regulatory and governance control functions within the organisation to ensure all required approvals are met and all business risks are identified and managed
Required Experience and Capabilities:
- This role will work closely with the capital markets business so experience in Financial Services or Fintech is essential, ideally in Business Banking or Treasury Services.
- 10+ years relevant experience in an innovation, new product or service line development and/or senior startup role
- Deep understanding of development, delivery and running early stage and late stage products or services.
- Project Management expertise, having been responsible for leading large, complex enterprise projects
- Experience developing B2B Business and pricing models
- Ability to operate in highly ambiguous and unstructured environments
- Ability to think strategically and implement tactically in a startup-like environment
- Strong leadership presence and influencing skills at the highest levels of executive leadership
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Please note that any references to salary or pay rates in this advertisement and in the salary refinement section are indicative only and should only be used as a guide.