EMIR Regulatory SME
This role is for a Compliance Change Specialist / Regulatory SME who will be responsible for the interpretation and scoping of current EMIR and Refit regulations, and contribute to the impact and gap analysis on the EMIR Refit regulation. Subsequently, to support the programme team and business areas in specialist advice to remediation and implementation plans as necessary. The individual must be able to:
- Provide coherent technical compliance advice to impacted businesses areas.
- Take the lead for interpretation and scoping of current and prospective EMIR (and SFTR) regulations to ensure coherence across the impacted businesses. Coordinate and manage the inputting scoping data into the traceability tool.
- Formulate regulatory requirements into meaningful deliverables. Ensure that proposed solutions are compliant with the regulations.
- Contribute to the traceability of each business change need to end deliverable, and provide agreement/approval as needed.
- Carry-out business compliance change workshops with stakeholders to elicit compliance requirements in detail. Conduct status meetings and facilitate issue resolution and risk mitigation. Provide programme level reporting to senior staff.
- Update existing internal documents including but not limited to policies and system templates to make them EMIR/Refit compliant.
- Analyse large sets of data, documents, confirmation messages, different types of legal and service level agreements to identify EMIR/Refit compliant business solutions across the business lines.
- Ensure deliverables are completed on time, within budget and with minimum defects. Adhere to methodologies adopted by the firm, including a smooth transition of product knowledge to all relevant parties including Risk, Legal, Compliance etc.
- Proactively identify dependencies, issues and risks, escalating as necessary.
- Record and track actions to remediate any gaps in compliance with the regulations.
- At each stage arranging approval from the senior business stakeholder as necessary.
To perform this job successfully an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. The individual will be evaluated, in part, based on performance of each essential function.
Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
The role will require the following essential key competencies:
- Strong technical knowledge of EMIR regulation requirements and impacts to relevant financial products.
- Knowledge and experience of working within the regulatory environment, and how that impacts firms business areas.
- At least five years of experience in a Compliance environment.
- Strong judgment and leadership skills combine with the ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Strong planning and organization skills.
- Strong negotiation, decision making, problem solving and influencing skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong management reporting skills.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and multi-task in a high pressure environment.
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Please note that any references to salary or pay rates in this advertisement and in the salary refinement section are indicative only and should only be used as a guide.