Would you like the opportunity to work in a challenging role that combines Manufacturing, Production and Quality engineering responsibilities, QPM Engineering?
This multi-disciplined role will allow you to Design, Implement, Monitor and Maintain the manufacturing systems and processes necessary to ensure product quality meets all our customer requirements.
Within the role you will work as part of a multi-functional team supporting either a product family or set of processes within the operations organisation.
Your main responsibilities:
- Working within one of our Integrated Product Teams
- Ensuring program quality requirements are met through all aspects of the product lifecycle
- Taking ownership for the resolution of quality issues through the structured application of problem solving and root cause analysis techniques
- Developing and improving processes and procedures, ensuring efficient and effective manufacture of our products, including the creation of build instructions for the shop floor, utilising MES and ERP tools
- Leading continuous improvement initiatives within projects and across operations to support the sites strategic objectives such as the adoption of industry 4.0 digital manufacturing
- Supporting customer and regulatory audits to ensure compliance to contractual flow downs and sector accreditations e.g. EN9100 & EN9145
Your skills and qualifications
- Experience working within a manufacturing environment
- HNC/HND or above in a relevant engineering discipline, or equivalent qualification or experience
- Bachelor of Science or Bachelor of Engineering degree in a relevant technical discipline
- Experience gained within an electronics environment
- Lean six sigma experience, green belt or black belt accreditation
- Experience in the application of various CI and RCA tools and techniques e.g. 5Y, 8D, PDCA, FMEA, fish bone, TPM
- Understanding of the principals of DFM
- Working knowledge of industry standards e.g. ISO9001, EN9100, EN9102, EN9103, EN9145, FAA regulations
- Experience in completion of internal and external product and process audit
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Please note that any references to salary or pay rates in this advertisement and in the salary refinement section are indicative only and should only be used as a guide.