Global investment bank seeks Director level E-Trading risk manager as part of their expanding Algo Risk division.
The role is a globally coordinated risk lead position, focusing on electronic trading for Global Fixed Income flows with primary responsibility for EMEA. You will be working with business heads & control partners to build uniform standards of execution controls across various platforms so as to mitigate reputational risk and monetary loss.
Employees in EMEA benefit from working in a company that invests billions of dollars each year in leading-edge technology, and from working in a company that excels in delivering operating services.
Our team expects excellence, rewards high performance, develops its leaders, encourages innovation, demands integrity, cultivates trust and teamwork, and promotes diversity and inclusion. That culture, combined with market leadership and a wide array of professional opportunities, enables us to attract and retain the brightest minds in the business.
- Identifying and categorising the risks associated with all electronically traded flow
- In coordination with the Business, technology and control partners establish and/or validate that oversight exists for all identified risks
- Ensuring risk oversight feeds into the appropriate governance model
- Reviewing intraday trading limits structure/controls and establishing/validating limit setting logic where necessary
- Development of metrics and identification of key performance metrics quantifying the effectiveness of the risk framework
- Reviewing electronically traded flow in the context of system capacity constraints and the operational environment
- Reviewing the use of execution algorithms and the associated risk & control framework
- Developing a uniform standard for the use of execution algorithmic controls taking account trading requirements and market impact
- Working with Technology to identify and manage control risks. Contribute to test planning and deployment as appropriate
Key skills ?
- A high level of understanding of market micro structure
- Familiarity with FICC strategies and algorithms, in particular FX
- Experience from within an Execution Services business
- Exposure to FICC algorithms - either as a trader, business manager or technologist
- A broad understanding of traditional Operational, Market and Credit risks and controls
- An understanding of the current electronic trading regulatory framework, in particular MiFID II and PRA SS5/18
- An understanding of electronic trading regulatory trends and future requirements
- Electronic trading experience is critical
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Please note that any references to salary or pay rates in this advertisement and in the salary refinement section are indicative only and should only be used as a guide.