This is a key role supporting the business to develop a data led culture.This exciting opportunity will allow you to work in a creative and innovative area for digital and customer analytics.
Data Engineering Lead -
The Date Engineering Team is responsible for the strategic planning and delivery of Financial Services digital optimisation, innovation, analytical and transformation capabilities to enable to continue to serve customers brilliantly, transform the business and deliver sustainable profitability.
You will use your excellent communication skills to work collaboratively with colleagues to deliver a stable platform for all product data.
- Lead a team to fulfil the agreed data governance strategy so that there is appropriate oversight and control of team assets
- Work collaboratively to ensure the team completes activities in accordance with the agreed regulatory standards
- Ensure the team understands and acts in accordance with its agreed responsibilities for the management of data
- Coordinate any changes to systems supported by the team that impact UK products, working in conjunction with stakeholders to minimise business impact and mitigate risks
- Work in association with key partners to oversee a the creation and delivery of agreed change programmes
- Take initiative to identify and deploy improvements to system architecture and object library where necessary to improve efficiency, security and robustness of owned systems.
- Anticipates technical advancements and assess impact to customers, working collaboratively to find solutions that minimise the impact and enhance the overall customer experience
- Plan, deliver and monitor the completion of User Acceptance Testing including responsibility for final sign off and deployment.
- Seek opportunities to innovate and modify processes to improve customer experience and operational efficiency
Essential Skills & Experience
- Understanding of Data Acquisition, Data Integration & Data Management
- Ability to work with Virtual Network & Cloud Services
- Shown to work with common industry change control practices, SDLC, Lean, Agile or SCRUM
- Ability to communicate collaboratively with developers, management and the business
- Familiarity of IT Architecture, IT Security and Information Security
- Previous people management experience
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Please note that any references to salary or pay rates in this advertisement and in the salary refinement section are indicative only and should only be used as a guide.