An exciting opportunity for a Data Analyst to support the Financial Intelligence Unit (FIU)
As a Data Analyst you will be supporting the FIU, through complex data analytics, to identify and evidence AML control gaps and vulnerabilities
You will provide a proactive, effective technical analyst capability, to source, identify, cleanse, extract and analyse data from the Data Lake and Golden Sources
As a Data Analyst your main responsibilities will be
* Supporting the FIU, through data analytics, to identify vulnerabilities to the Bank from Organised Crime Groups and Terrorist Financers.
* Developing technical tools to proactively identify risks to the Bank.
* Providing consistent and high-quality reports of findings from deep dive analysis and thematic reviews.
* Interrogating systems and databases to source, extract and cleanse data.
* Providing a proactive analytical capability.
* Liaising with appropriate business areas to ensure that high value financial crime matters are appropriately supported, within financial crime compliance, and best practices shared with wider teams.
Minimum skills and experience required
* Proven experience in a data analytics role, ideally within Financial Crime, with a particular focus on SQL coding.
* Good experience of Microsoft SQL 2008 onwards (2016 in use).
* Ability to quickly absorb and understand complex data / issues, to extract results and to present key conclusions.
* Experience of SSIS, SSRS and Tableau is desirable.
* The ability to simultaneously manage several projects, and re-prioritise tasks, in accordance with business needs, and to meet demanding deadlines.
* A recognised industry qualification in financial crime, or the equivalent level of proven experience.
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Please note that any references to salary or pay rates in this advertisement and in the salary refinement section are indicative only and should only be used as a guide.