Cyber incident, Cyber threat, Incident responder, SIEM
Morgan McKinley is currently working with a leading Consultancy business who are seeking a Cyber Incident Responder to join their team in London.
- Lead security detection and incident response activities including major incidents
- Act as an escalation point for a group of analysts
- Analyse and identify trends from incidents, audit findings and any other applicable sources
- Working directly with the outsourced Security Operation Centre (SOC) to ensure all identified incidents are managed to a satisfactory conclusion
- Working directly with the in-house IT security team to ensure all identified incidents are managed to satisfactory conclusion
- Provide analysis and trending of security log data from a large number of Provide threat and vulnerability analysis as well as security advisory services
- Analyse and respond to previously undisclosed software and hardware vulnerabilities
- Investigate, document, and report on information security issues and emerging trends
- Proactively seeking indicators of activity that is abnormal and may require further investigations
- Detect incidents through proactive hunting analysis of security-relevant data sets and manual techniques
- Design and implement automation techniques to improve workflow quality and efficiency as appropriate
- Subject matter expert for all cyber incident matters
- Proven experience in cyber security incident triage, containment, remediation and recovery steps, ideally in a SOC environment
- Background in taking the lead in Incident Response activities
- Ability to handle high pressure situations in a productive and professional manner
- A proficiency in using SIEM and security products to address cyber incidents
- Keen interest in keeping abreast of current and emerging security/risk technologies, vulnerabilities and threats
- Security qualification (SANS Cyber Defense, EC-Council Certified Security Analyst or other related certifications preferred)
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency and references to pay rates are indicative.
BY APPLYING FOR THIS ROLE YOU ARE AGREEING TO OUR TERMS OF SERVICE WHICH TOGETHER WITH OUR PRIVACY STATEMENT GOVERN YOUR USE OF MORGAN MCKINLEY SERVICES.