Canadian branch bank seeks a CRO for one of its expanding European hubs.
Ideal profile will an individual with 3-5 years experience in a similar CRO role. Ideally the candidates would be in approved functions by the FCA or the equivalent Eurpean regulators. Someone who is happy to work in a smaller environment of around 35 employees and so used to getting stuck in to the nitty gritty day to day running of the business.
Key product areas are SBL (Securities borrowing lending and TRS (Total Return Swaps).
The profile for the Risk team is the CRO, with one direct report our Senior Risk Manager and then 3 risk analyst reporting into the SRM. (CRO will report directly into our two company co-heads)
For the CRO Essentials for the role is coming with experience from a Mifiid regulated term, experience dealing and working with the central bank and or FCA. Also must haves experience with;
· Assist business partners in addressing control deficiencies that surfaced as a result of a loss event, exposure identified during an investigation, or the business identifying a control issue resulting from either an internal audit or regulatory review.
· Assist business partners with their identification of process / control related issues which may surface during the completion of the risk self-assessment.
· Assist the management team with the overall assessment process and ongoing monitoring of outstanding items requiring follow-up and resolution.
· Complete summary report for all activities to include original issues, control concerns, work flow changes, policy and procedure updates and communication approach.
· Perform duties & responsibilities specific to department functions & activities.
· Performs other duties & responsibilities as required or assigned by supervisor.
· Report and address any suspicious activities immediately.
· Keep up to date with best practice in the market and encourage discussions with other market participants.
· Ensure risk/Capital level are set and monitored within Bank policies and procedures.
· Based on specific transaction reports, identify control weaknesses in departments and functions and other operational areas and recommend changes to minimize those weaknesses.
· Monitor the completion of all assigned activities of business partners to ensure agreed upon changes have been completed to address identified control weakness.
· Ensure satisfactory training requirements are met for all employees
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency and references to pay rates are indicative.