Statistician for credit risk scorecards
Senior Consultant FTC - Statistical Modelling and Analytics
We are looking for a quantitative credit risk consultant to join the Credit Risk and Fraud Team of a leading telecommunications company. You shall be supporting and protecting the growth of the Consumer business within Mobile, Fixed Line and Home Broadband.
You will be working closely with the Group Consumer Acquisition Risk team, and the wider Credit Risk and Fraud department, supporting the Head of Consumer Acquisitions and wider team in delivering an ongoing programme of initiatives aimed at improving the new customer acquisition strategy and customer order journey across the companies' products.
You will be
- Design and implement Acquisition Risk Strategy for the relevant consumer products through statistical modelling and analysis, optimising performance to reduce fraud, early churn and bad debt.
- Refine and maintain Acquisitions Strategy through continuous re-training and refinement of the statistical models.
- Define and produce analytics and KPI's to monitor the effectiveness of the acquisition strategy models
- Act as a subject matter expert in the field of Acquisition Credit Risk and Statistical Modelling and scorecard building
- Create virtual teams across the wider business as and when required to resolve priority cross functional issues
- Establish and maintain key relationships across the Group including Senior Management Team and external suppliers to support the Credit Risk function.
- Provide detailed analysis and insight of acquisition risk performance to identify trends and opportunities to drive improvements in core KPIs.
- Quantify the impact of initiatives and monitor progress against agreed plan to deliver company level targets.
- Produce consistent insight and deliver cohesive and coherent message on Credit Risk issues to present to Senior Stakeholders.
- Represent Acquisition Credit Risk in key governance meetings and operational forums to promote the successful adoption of initiatives and policies within the wider business
- Support the roll out of policies and processes within the Operation
- To maintain personal and professional development in the Credit risk area.
You will need
- In-depth understanding of vintage & flow reports and their use in the development of credit scorecards.
- Knowledge of varying model building techniques to ensure flexible and agile solutions.
- Experience of high-volume consumer Credit Risk Acquisition systems and decision engines.
- Excellent analytical, problem solving, and communication skills.
- Excellent track record of building and testing credit strategies and decision trees
- Excellent knowledge of SAS
Degree level or equivalent experience in a financial, statistical or mathematical specialism
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Please note that any references to salary or pay rates in this advertisement and in the salary refinement section are indicative only and should only be used as a guide.