Global bank seeks a Model Risk Governance and Controls Manager to focus on credit and counterparty risk models.
We are currently look for a Model Risk Governance & Control Manager to join our Development team in London.
We're passionate about helping people and businesses prosper and we strive to be simple, personal and fair in everything we do. That's why we've built a culture of respect, where everyone is empowered to keep their promises and go above-and-beyond for our customers, colleagues and the communities we serve.
As a Model Risk Governance & Control Manager your main responsibilities will be
- Work with the Counterparty Credit Risk, Credit Models, Structural & Liquidity and Market Risk Models Owner to ensure that all internal and external requirements are met in relation to the implementation of model changes.
- Managing changes to the Counterparty Credit Risk & Credit models end to end, working closely with all the key internal teams to deliver in an effective and efficient way.
- Capability to develop quantitative risk assessment tools to ensure the robust management and control of models.
- Ensure that models are fit for purpose and identify incorrect model usage. Responsible for undertaking independent reviews and challenges of the bank's modelling capabilities on an ongoing basis.
- Review of technical documentation and acting as Models SME.
- To engage with regulators (ECB, PRA and Internal audit) on model risk and capital related topics, for example on the use of internally approved models
- Liaise with FO, Quants, Market Risk and Valuation Control Groups to understand usage of models within the business context, assess models' fit-for-purpose.
Minimum skills and experience required
- The successful candidate will have a quantitative background ideally with experience of model risk management, in particular Counterparty Credit Risk & Credit models.
- Extensive exposure to models life cycle, building, developing, monitoring, validating, etc. Deep understanding of pricing models and their limitations
- Good experience in counterparty credit risk, ideally with both business and quantitative exposure.
- Demonstrates awareness and understanding of the regulatory requirements and expectations relevant to their role.
- Excel/VBA/ Python knowledge required.
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency and references to pay rates are indicative.
BY APPLYING FOR THIS ROLE YOU ARE AGREEING TO OUR TERMS OF SERVICE WHICH TOGETHER WITH OUR PRIVACY STATEMENT GOVERN YOUR USE OF MORGAN MCKINLEY SERVICES.