Would you like to be involved in high profile projects which will offer longevity and career progression?
Costing & Pricing Manager: Estimating
- Compiling, where appropriate, and owning the costing and pricing for the key campaign pricing activities
- Being influential and providing leadership and direction in defining, delivering, reviewing and challenging the bid and project solutions
- Challenging the current business solution / process and cost base to introduce innovative approaches to win competitive bids, including adoption of new Estimating systems, tools and processes
- Challenging the current business solution / process and cost base to introduce innovative approaches to ensure Single Source bids conform to the Single Source Contracting Regulations
- Playing a major role in the bid teams, influencing senior management and contributing to the overall business winning process
- Performing analysis for different pricing methods, scenarios and business models, as appropriate for the bids and campaigns, to support the internal approvals and the competitiveness of the bid
- Managing and developing one or more junior Estimating team members
- Working with the Commercial, Engineering, Operations, Finance, Supply Chain and other relevant functions to request, review, challenge and validate inputs to the estimates, ensuring they are robust, reasonable and align to the bid and campaign solutions
- Supporting the bid teams in preparing any analysis and approval documentation related to the costing and pricing of the bid
Skills and qualifications:
- Experience of major bids, +million pounds in value
- Diverse portfolio of projects within various industries
- Costing and pricing background
- Strong stakeholder management experience
- Comprehensive knowledge or experience of Estimating and Pricing, or a similar analytical role in a senior position
- A good practical understanding of Bid Management tools and processes, including the Life Cycle Management Framework would be desirable
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Please note that any references to salary or pay rates in this advertisement and in the salary refinement section are indicative only and should only be used as a guide.