Insurance Tax Manager - advisory role in Big 4 (London, Bristol or Edinburgh)
The Tax practice within this Big 4 firm is a very successful area of their dynamic business. They recognise that tax is a constantly changing and increasingly high-profile field, and as such are able to offer a broad range of opportunities that will develop any tax professionals' career.
Within the financial services sector, they are currently seeking an Insurance tax manager to join a modest size team working on a national basis. They have expertise in this field in London, Bristol and Edinburgh and so whilst this role is being advertised for London, there is the potential to be located in any of the locations mentioned.
The team covers a range of insurance clients, including major UK-based names in the market, international insurance groups, pension products, life insurers and other specialist providers and brokers. The crux of the work provided comprises mainly corporate tax advisory and M&A services, however, there is the expectation to be a point of contact where all taxes are concerned, so general awareness outside of corporate tax is a must, as well as the ability to build internal networks with other specialist tax areas.
As an insurance tax manager, you will have the opportunity to be involved in a variety of projects from general insurance, life assurance, brokerage and Lloyds clients, which could also involve any aspects of corporate tax, including product taxes, and wider cross-discipline projects.
You will ideally have the following attributes:
- Sound knowledge of UK corporate tax
- Pragmatic and active approach to your work, with the ability to identify and evaluate risk issues and working with other specialists for a holistic approach
- You will be experienced in leading and delivering projects to your clients
- Excellent communication skills and willingness and ability to communicate both internally and externally
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent written and oral skills; especially with the role being advisory focused
- Commercial and business acumen, with a solution driven attitude
- You will be an organised individual, and used to taking on responsibility both internally and from clients
- Experience and/or desire to coach and develop more junior members of the team
- Whilst knowledge and experience in relation to insurance isn't essential, it would be advantageous, along with a willingness to learn!!
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Please note that any references to salary or pay rates in this advertisement and in the salary refinement section are indicative only and should only be used as a guide.