Global investment bank seeks VP level Credit Officer to cover a Corporate credit workouts and debt restructuring portfolio.
To analyse counterparties, identify and quantify risk drivers in transaction structures, prepare credit memos, make recommendations and manage exposure.
- Analyse credit risks in corporate loan transactions and derivative trade requests to recommend accurate credit risk ratings and appropriate risk appetite.
- Assume primary role for loan transaction execution, from deal inception to financial close, including presentation at credit committee and to senior management.
- Liaise with clients and internal business units on credit requirements (assisting structuring new transactions), approvals and ongoing relationship management.
- Manage portfolio of corporate loan and derivative counterparties, including underperforming and work-out cases, annual and quarterly reviews and ad-hoc waiver requests.
- Analyse economic and market events and their impact on the portfolio of counterparties managed.
- Mentor and train junior team members.
Skills required (essential)
- Extensive experience in corporate credit analysis and financial forecasting, assigning ratings and sizing risk appetite.
- Experience in work-out / capital structure restructuring and leveraged finance transactions.
- Familiar with financial markets, financing and risk mitigating structures.
- Product knowledge e.g. leveraged loans, swaps, equities.
- Familiarity with legal documentation and risk issues, including LMA and bond documentation, ISDAs, CSAs, netting,
and credit mitigating features.
- Extensive working knowledge of computer applications, particularly Excel (financial modeling), Powerpoint and
- Fluency in English plus one European language would be an advantage.
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency and references to pay rates are indicative.