I am currently recruiting on behalf of a leading International Law Firm for a Compliance Officer with AML and Conflicts experience.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintain knowledge of the firm's and insdutry relevant processes, policies and standards.
- Advise the business on best practice in relation to client opening procedures.
- Supporting junior members of the team in increasing their understanding of processes and systems.
- Analyse conflict search results and manage conflict resolution.
- Liaise directly with the business in regards to identified legal or commercial conflicts.
- Maintain and update the firm's conflict database.
- Attribute a risk rating to clients and escalate high risk issues to the Money Laundering Reporting Officer
- Undertake ongoing AML/Sanctions monitoring of high risk clients
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Law degree or GDL/LPC expected.
- Experience of working within a conflicts/ AML Compliance function within a law firm.
- Experience of conflicts clearance in new client/matter inception teams.
- Excellent communicator and team player.
- Excellent attention to detail
- Second European Language would be an advantage but not a requirement.
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
Please note that any references to salary or pay rates in this advertisement and in the salary refinement section are indicative only and should only be used as a guide.