I am currently recruiting on behalf of a Global Trading and Procurement company for a Compliance Officer on a part time basis for an initial 12 month fixed term contract.
Purpose of the role
My client, a manufacturing procurement and trading firm, are looking to recruit a part time Compliance Officer to join their team based in London three days a week.
The role will take ownership of the compliance function, mitigating regulatory risks across the business both in the UK and worldwide.
This is the perfect role for someone with a background in compliance to really make the position their own and grow with the business as they continue to expand.
- Conduct an annual compliance assestment ensuring departmental procedures are compiled with all tax payments made promptly and correctly and ensuring all review forms properly completed.
- Interpret information about regulatory changes and adapt procedures, documents and compliance tools to accommodate these rule changes.
- Advise on the data protection regualtion
- Knowledge of latest system and tools for compliance KYC/AML.
- Ensure that the internal compliance policy and procedures manual is maintained.
- Responsibility for billing management of clients.
- Assisting senior managers as required with planning and advisory work.
- A minimum of four years experience as a compliance officer
- CTA or STEP qualified (desirable)
- A solid understanding of UK conduct regulation (ICOBs, FCA handbook etc.)
- Experience of managaing people or a particular work project would be highly desirable.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, capable of working with people at all levels.
- The ability to build relationships with managers by understanding the detail of the business.
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
Please note that any references to salary or pay rates in this advertisement and in the salary refinement section are indicative only and should only be used as a guide.