Company Secretary - Initial 6 Month Contract
Initial 6 month contract
£300 per day
The successful candidate will be responsible for the below duties;-
Company Secretarial Work
- Managing and taking responsibility for the provision of a comprehensive company secretarial and governance service to UK entities, advising senior stakeholders, directors, committee members and functional leads on a wide range of company law, regulatory and governance issues.
- Monitoring changes in relevant legislation and the regulatory environment and ensuring that the UK entities are compliant with applicable laws/regulations.
- Maintaining and updating the statutory records, ensuring the timely filing of annual returns, financial statements and statutory returns.
- Assisting in reviewing, negotiating and approving for execution documentation such as powers of attorney and letters of representation.
- Maintaining and updating bank mandates and authorised signatory lists as required.
- Collaborating with members of the Office of the Corporate Secretary to ensure that information is shared in a timely and comprehensive manner and ensuring that the highest standards of corporate governance are maintained at all times.
Supporting Boards & Committees
- Organising and being responsible for Board and Committee meetings, including preparing agendas, collating and circulating Board/Committee papers and preparing minutes for all Boards and Committee meetings as required.
- Supporting the Chairman and the CEO in ensuring the Board and its Committees function efficiently and effectively.
- Ensuring good information flows within the Board and its Committees.
- Assisting in initiatives around enhancing the quality of the Board/Committee materials and educating the producers of materials in how to write and deliver quality reports.
- Providing guidance, and being a strategic adviser, to the directors and management on the Companies Act 2006 and other relevant corporate governance requirements, and playing an active role in the meetings.
- Ensuring the appropriate adherence by the Board and its Committees to the Articles and relevant Terms of Reference, and maintaining and updating them as appropriate.
- Establishing a good working relationship with any independent non-executive directors ("INEDs") and providing them with the appropriate level of support and guidance.
- Providing company secretarial assistance in respect of corporate restructurings and M&A projects impacting the UK entities.
- Partnering with Regional Management on EMEA governance projects and helping to manage and implement key strategic decisions.
- Developing and maintaining relationships with functional leads and business partners across EMEA, e.g. CEO Office, Compliance, Finance, Internal Audit and Risk
- On-boarding new directors and identifying and arranging training for the directors/committee members according to their needs
- Miscellaneous company secretarial tasks as required from time to time.
Job Specific Competencies
- Well-developed interpersonal skills, with the ability to communicate/engage with (and become a trusted adviser to) various stakeholders across the region.
- Highly motivated self-starter with gravitas to maintain credibility with different stakeholders.
- Ability to influence at all levels of the organisation.
- Ability to display a culture of individual ownership of tasks with an individual sense of accountability in performing the role.
- Ability to write concise and accurate minutes.
- Well organised with good attention to detail.
- Comfortable managing a busy workload.
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines and balance competing and conflicting priorities.
- Confident, assertive, collaborative and "can do" attitude.
- Ability to work autonomously as well as part of a team.
- Fully conversant with Word for Windows, Excel and PowerPoint, and other relevant technology packages (i.e. Board Vantage, GEMS).
- Proven experience working with highly sensitive and confidential information.
- ICSA qualified or graduate with law degree or other comparable qualification.
- Previous experience of working in a company secretarial function within financial services, professional services or a matrixed multinational organization, or corporate law expertise gained in a law firm or an in-house environment.
- Good knowledge of corporate law/corporate governance/applicable financial regulations.
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Please note that any references to salary or pay rates in this advertisement and in the salary refinement section are indicative only and should only be used as a guide.