Working with a leading employer based in the East Grinstead area who are looking for a Commercial Analyst to join their busy team...
Morgan McKinley has a new job opportunity for an experience Commercial Analyst to join a very well established Travel organisation based in the West Sussex area. The main purpose of the Commercial Analyst role is to lead within the Commercial Accommodation team in providing high quality analysis, insight, conclusions and recommendations to enhance the performance of the difference locations available. The role also supports the budgeting process.
The successful candidate will have an analytical background and applicants from all industries including travel, finance, retail etc. will be considered
Duties and responsibilities will include:
- Analyse commercial opportunities in an effective, efficient and timely manner, utilising various data sources (numerical and non-numerical), leading to valuable insight and recommendation.
- Provide a systematic approach to delivering accurate and timely Management
- Information (MI) performance reporting to the appropriate level of detail.
- Identify customer trends and buying behaviours and apply findings for future product and price developments.
- Model commercial scenarios using technical Excel/Google Sheet/Tableau skills to help build the most appropriate business case.
- Identifying and agreeing the main drivers of performance (KPIs) and how they interact with each other.
- Build a central database of common reports and develop and maintain clearly constructed processes accessible to other stakeholders.
- Help build strong working relationships with stakeholders across the entire organisation.
- To be the commercial team lead in progressing the company's strategic projects in the context of site development, acquisition and divestment.
- Present findings in a cohesive, easy to understand manner.
Skills and experience required for the role:
- Ideally 2-4 year's experience working in a similar Commercial Analyst type role
- Highly numerate and confident analysing and interpreting numerical data with excellent attention to detail.
- An understanding of standard financial and commercial terminology, calculations and performance drivers.
- Excellent technical analytical skills (google sheets, excel etc.) including experience working with, transforming and/or combining multiple data sets.
- Possesses strong intellectual integrity. Critical thinking and problem solving.
- Good communication skills, verbal, written and confident presenter.
- Self-motivated, proactive and able to think logically, objectively and creatively
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Please note that any references to salary or pay rates in this advertisement and in the salary refinement section are indicative only and should only be used as a guide.