We are urgently seeking an experienced Buyer, to work on a Temporary Contract
We are urgently seeking an experienced Buyer to work on a Temporary contract of 3-6 months, based in Reigate. The main purpose of the role, is to ensure the cost-effective procurement and delivery of all purchases, including both goods and services, whilst also leading the tendering process for new supplier contracts.
Key Duties will include:
- Deliver procurement services to meet the needs of the organisation. Driving continuous improvement and cost reduction within the procurement process
- Ensure the cost effective and timely procurement of products and services.
- Prepare and lead tender processes where necessary, preparing contracts with the support of Legal.
- Maintain Supplier relations, keeping track of prices, specifications and delivery lead times.
- Perform supplier visits where necessary
- Collate ongoing expenditure costs by supplier.
- Prepare and run supplier reviews
- Analyse supplier spend and actively propose alternative ways of reducing spend.
- Actively seek out alternative suppliers for critical services
The ideal candidate will:
- Have an in depth knowledge of order processing, procurement practice and tendering processes.
- Be CIPS qualified or working towards, however all skill level may apply.
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
Please note that any references to salary or pay rates in this advertisement and in the salary refinement section are indicative only and should only be used as a guide.