Brokerage Buyer for Investment Banking Leader
The Brokerage Buyer will work in our Global Procurement team within the Finance & Development (Procurement) central team based in London. This is an exciting opportunity for an academically and numerically strong professional, to work on a global basis with the trading business of this bank. The role is responsible for the commercial relationships with Inter-dealer brokers and to ensure appropriate controls are followed in accordance with the CIB Broker governance.
- Responsible for contributing to the optimisation of CIB cost base, by delivering savings while respecting sustainable development, for targeted areas
- Defining with the Brokerage Procurement Manager the strategic approach for the categories of expense which have been delegated
- Review market developments and trends, and identify cost opportunities resulting from new Brokerage service offerings and/or market shifts
- Influence and manage internal stakeholder relationships (typically, front office business managers, traders, and back office contacts)
- Applying suitable methodology as defined by policy/procedures taking charge of negotiations with Brokers and other 3rd party service providers with or without the Global lead /manager
- Overseeing management of brokerage contracts/schedules databases advising the business of upcoming renewals, and fee misalignment and acting accordingly
- Be responsible for the production of bi-annual and ad hoc fees reporting to Front Office and business stakeholders (using appropriate tools and systems
- Management of broker risk and on-boarding process, ensuring relevant broker due diligence completed and kept up-to-date (in conjunction with other functions).
- Financial Services / Markets experience / some knowledge of fixed income, equities and commodities products.
- Commercial background including negotiation and/or buying skills Preference for knowledge of contract law
- Degree / Post-graduate qualified
- English and French language an advantage
This is an urgent vacancy with interviews taking place of the next weeks so please do not wait to apply or reach out to me directly at email@example.com :)
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Please note that any references to salary or pay rates in this advertisement and in the salary refinement section are indicative only and should only be used as a guide.