A leading firm in banking and financial services requires a lawyer to join their team.
- Reviewing and highlighting material risks/issues of on-boarding and membership agreements of trading venues/platforms, exchanges and central clearing counterparties.
- Preparing summary review reports for new trading and clearing venues to facilitate an understanding by stakeholders of key terms that impact the Bank, in addition to relevant legal and commercial risks.
- Supporting the on-going maintenance of various reviews prepared by the General Counsel Division summarising key legal provisions of the rulebooks of trading venues/platforms, exchanges and central clearing counterparties.
- Drafting, reviewing and negotiating legal agreements for a variety of global market products / businesses including cash equities, listed derivatives, cleared OTC derivatives and FX products on an ad hoc basis.
- Qualified lawyer and/or other legal qualifications.
- 3+ years legal experience in a bank, financial institution, law firm, or corporation including regular phone and email interaction and negotiation with counterparties.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with an ability to communicate effectively at various levels of seniority.
- Ability to efficiently handle a number of matters and to prioritise in a commercial environment.
- Ability to digest and assimilate complex information across various data sources.
- Committed to ongoing learning and implementing new knowledge into practice.
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
Please note that any references to salary or pay rates in this advertisement and in the salary refinement section are indicative only and should only be used as a guide.