Audit Senior Job - Footballers, Michelin Star Restaurants and Musicians
Would you like to work for a company that has word famous footballers, Michelin Star restaurants and some of the most famous musicians in the world on their books?
I am currently working with a Top 40 firm who are looking for an Audit Senior to work in their Central London/West End office. They are renowned for the creative industries and have an exciting client base that consists of some of the most famous celebrities in their field.
The firm has a great social side which include things like a 4pm finish on a Friday during the summer, several meals at Michelin Star restaurants throughout the year, pub quizzes, monthly drinks and more.
If you are ready for a step up, they may even be able to consider you for an assistant manager role.
- Review the work completed by junior staff including providing feedback to aid their development
- Delegate work to junior members of staff
- Ensure work is completed on time
- Liaises with managers, partners and key staff on client problems and supports team members with simple client issues
- Liaise with other departments to assist in ensuring seamless delivery of work
- Maintain up-to-date technical knowledge through appropriate reading and courses, and to fulfil the professional bodies' CPD requirements where appropriate
- Responsible for audit jobs from start to finish - including planning, fieldwork and finalisation
- Monitoring the progress of audits including performance versus budget, identification of any problem areas encountered and keeping management information of progress
- Responsible for signing off audit file sections, possibly with the need to pick up any outstanding or complex issues from sections completed by junior staff
- Statutory account preparation for audit clients, including completion of disclosure checklists to ensure all relevant financial statement disclosures are correct
- For clients that are groups of companies, prepare the required consolidation schedules including calculation of eliminating journals and preparation of group financial statements
- Take on a supervisory or assistant manager role for the audit of smaller, straight forward clients where the audit work can be completed by semi-senior and junior staff
- At least 40% audit
- ACA, ACCA or equivalent qualified
- Experience working in audit in the UK
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Please note that any references to salary or pay rates in this advertisement and in the salary refinement section are indicative only and should only be used as a guide.