Are you currently an External Audit Manager or Senior Manager who is interested in enhancing your career within a Big 4 environment ?
Audit Manager Senior Manager
Are you interested in working with a diverse client base in one of the UK's fastest growing business units in Assurance? The unit covers a variety of clients and has teams focussing on Business services, retail, real estate, technology, hospitality, media and communications as well as energy, mining and construction, ensuring the opportunity to broaden your experience or specialise. This team has a track record of particularly fast promotions, an excellent bonus scheme and first class training and support.
As part of the Assurance team you'll work mainly on audit engagements, however, there are increasing opportunities to get involved with other assurance projects such as internal audit, commercial risk and performance assurance to give you a greater breadth of experience.
As an Audit Manager you'll play a vital role in the delivery of high quality audits to the firm's clients
You will take responsibility for:
- A client portfolio where you will be responsible for the day to day management, client liaison and technical issues management.
- Building and maintaining strong relationships with existing clients of the firm, whilst understanding opportunities to assist with their issues.
- Reporting directly to the Assurance Partner and Director and assuming responsibility for your own direct reports
- Coaching and developing the team members reporting directly into you, and taking responsibility for the career development of others.
- Assisting with managing the staffing of the job, the financial performance and ensuring that key deadlines are met
- Business development activities such as building relationships with target clients and involvement in pitch situations.
- Being a key contact throughout the year for clients who range from FTSE listed businesses through to owner managed businesses at the start of their life cycle
- Build strong relationships with other specialist teams to ensure that a full service offering can be provided to our clients.
- Actively taking part in office wide initiatives and teams, contributing to a strong overall team morale and impact
- ACA or equivalent qualification and solid post qualification experience
- Experience of working on IFRS engagements as well as UK GAAP (experience of other accounting frameworks an advantage)
- A passion for delivering exceptional client service
- Strong analytical skills and ability to adapt to changing circumstances
- Experience of developing teams through coaching
- Demonstrated continual personal development in both technical and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrate professional scepticism with a proven track record of compliance with quality standards and an ability to balance an efficient and compliant audit
- An aptitude for embracing and adapting to new technology
- A proven ability to manage and monitor engagement budgets and financial performance
- Ability to spot opportunities to add value to clients and work with colleagues in other lines of service to help clients find solutions to the challenges they face
- Ability to work to tight timelines and manage well under pressure
- Experience of fee negotiations and negotiating scope changes with clients
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Please note that any references to salary or pay rates in this advertisement and in the salary refinement section are indicative only and should only be used as a guide.