Are you an Audit Manager and interested in a move to a Top ten firm in Gatwick ?
Are you an experienced External Audit Manager and looking for a new challenge in the Gatwick/Crawley area ? This Top ten firm has a very good reputation locally, nationally and internationally. Working on AIM listed clients and getting to know the local area, you will gain in depth exposure to both Audit and non Audit work, and join a successful and close knit team. Excellent career progression available. This could also be an opportunity for a current AM who has been acting as Manager on some roles.
Overall job purpose
To profitably manage a substantial portfolio of clients in the office, ensuring both excellent client service and making a significant contribution towards the overall future development and success of the office and firm.
- To manage assignments in accordance with the firm's standard procedures and confirm arrangements with the client, including likely costs and billing arrangements.
- To ensure Assurance quality at all times. Assist with internal and external quality assurance, ensuring any actions are completed in line with the firms and professional standards.
- To brief staff on the client's business and the pre-assignment instructions, to supervise and control the completion of work, and to undertake 'on the job' training and appraisals where necessary.
- To ensure that the job is completed within budget, and to discuss all materials points arising with the assignment partner and client immediately, particularly in relation to any anticipated overruns.
- To liaise with the client throughout the year and to practise the principles of excellent client service at all times.
- To ensure that appropriate liaison takes place with all other departments, and that all potential client needs are identified and serviced accordingly.
- To develop a detailed knowledge of the firm's specialist services and to undertake special work in response to client needs where appropriate.
- To perform the firm's review and completion procedures, to attend the final meeting with the client, and to ensure that the client subsequently receives the final accounts and commercial management letter on a timely basis.
- To ensure the profitable recoverability of work in progress, and to bill clients on a timely basis.
- To maintain an advanced level of technical knowledge through appropriate reading and courses, and to fulfil the Institute's CPD requirements.
- To research and prepare proposals for new work, and to take part in formal presentations to prospective clients.
- To take an active involvement in prospective client seminars, and to effectively follow up contact made.
- Attend staff meetings and training as required.
The role requires:
- Candidates must be ACA or ACCA qualified (or equivalent)
- Previous experience operating at manager level in a similar role is required or supervisor acting in the role as manager.
- Proven experience in client handling.
- Proven Assurance experience in producing high quality audits.
- Experience working on charity and academy audit assignments
- Assurance experience from a practice background would be a distinct advantage.
- Assurance experience of Owner Managed Business clients would be advantageous.
- Business development experience and interest would be a distinct advantage.
- Experience of working on FE college audit assignments.
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Please note that any references to salary or pay rates in this advertisement and in the salary refinement section are indicative only and should only be used as a guide.