Global investment bank seeks VP level Algo Trading Risk Manager as part of their expanding team in London.
* Oversight of trading limits and controls to ensure the business is taking risk consistent with the Firm's strategy (including review of intraday limit framework and limit utilizations).
* Work directly with a diverse set of stakeholders including: Sales and Trading Business Units, Quantitative Strategists, Business Unit Risk Management, Compliance, Technology and Operations. Maintain active dialogue with trading desks, risk management colleagues, information technology and other support groups regarding trading and hedging strategies, risk representation, and limit compliance.
* Communicate key risks to senior management on a regular basis, including creation of presentations articulating key risks. Escalate emerging or developing risks as the technological landscape evolves.
* Implementation of the governance and controls policy including assisting in the development of new controls where appropriate.
* Review and analysis of algorithms, including controls and testing methods, as part of 2nd Line of Defense oversight of algorithmic validation.
* Design, development and maintenance of any application and reporting tools that are necessary to evidence the governance of algorithmic trading and oversight
* Relevant experience in a role with direct exposure to electronic trading (Trading Systems Support, Technology, Quality Assurance , Operations, etc.)
* Experience with electronic trading technologies and concepts such as experience in algorithm development, including FIX messaging, market micro-structure, regulatory rules, and market data.
* An excellent academic background, including an advanced degree in a quantitative discipline, such as economics, finance, sciences or engineering. Additional qualifications, such as an FRM, would also be looked upon favorably.
* Proactive with the ability to work as both part of a close-knit team and independently.
* Excellent communication skills for written, graphical and verbal presentation.
* Strong knowledge of financial products. Business analysis, program/project management, involvement in governance preferred.
* Proficiency with a variety of IT applications as well as a good understanding of programming is advantageous.
* Experience with Software Development Lifecyle (SDLC), testing and QA very desirable.
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Please note that any references to salary or pay rates in this advertisement and in the salary refinement section are indicative only and should only be used as a guide.