Accounting Specialist - London - Contract - £700/day
My client, a bank based in London are looking to recruit an Accounting Specialist to join their team on a 6 month rolling contract basis. The successful candidate will be responsible but not limited to the below;
- Provide technical accounting support for US GAAP and IFRS.
- Perform technical GAAP reviews of complex transactions.
- Provide technical advice to optimize accounting treatment across all product areas.
- Provide technical input to issues impacting reputational risk.
- Provide technical support for new policy implementations.
- Provide technical accounting support in relation to Litigation and Provisioning matters.
- Resolve in a timely manner accounting queries from various stakeholders within the bank or support other team members in the accounting analysis
In addition to the above, the successful candidate will need to possess the below in order to be considered for the role;
- Chartered Accountant qualification.
- good experience in similar position in financial industry or similar experience as a certified accountant within the banking industry with strong background in accounting policies and accounting standards.
- Good understanding of banking products from the wealth management, asset management and investment banking business as well as group internal transactions, e.g. derivatives, securitization, Special Purpose Entities (SPE), transfer of financial assets, structured transactions, business combination.
- Solid knowledge of either US GAAP or IFRS, if knowledge is primarily IFRS the candidate must have the willingness and ability to quickly adopt US GAAP.
If you feel that you have the required skills and experience listed above then please apply below and I will be in touch with you regarding your application
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Please note that any references to salary or pay rates in this advertisement and in the salary refinement section are indicative only and should only be used as a guide.