Audit Senior Job in Top 15 Accounting Firm. Not for Profit Team.
A top 15 firm are seeking a qualified Audit Senior to join their Not-for-Profit team.
This role is based in the firm's Central London offices, and is a great opportunity for a newly qualified accountant to establish themselves in a reputable, growing firm. As an Audit Senior in this role, you will join the team to conduct audit prep jobs, ensuring deadlines are met in a timely manner, and compliance is dealt with as necessary. The successful candidate will also take responsibility for completing the job before passing to the Manager for review.
- Produce a detailed audit planning memorandum, including details of any potential difficulties that may have been encountered during previous audits and ensure correct tests are applied to produce sufficient audit evidence
- Allocate sections to junior staff and brief on what is expected of them, while answering all queries throughout audit
- Complete audits in accordance with firm procedures, with assistance from more senior members of staff where required
- Monitor the progress of jobs, ensure that budgets are met, address any problems
- Complete analysis of items for tax
- Sign off audit sections, address any problems and/or queries and complete the file before passing it on for review
Completion of a job - tasks include:
- Filling in required documentation
- Preparation of Key Issues Memorandum including commentary on accounts
- Summary of outstanding points to managers
- Final analytical review
- Cast accounts, check referencing
- Ensure lead schedules agree to accounts
- Pass file to Manager for review
- Clear all review points
- Make any amendments necessary
- Draft letters to clients in relation to the audit/accounts
Supervision and staff development:
- Provide technical advice and guidance to more junior staff and give detailed help and training as required, to ensure skills are improved to enhance future effectiveness
- Monitor the performance of staff working on jobs; including giving feedback after files have been reviewed and completing audit review form at the end of each job, noting any training and development needs that have been identified.
- Genuine Work Life balance
- Accredited Investor in People
- New and improved programme for Succession planning
- 33 days holiday Inc. Bank Holidays, plus the opportunity to buy or sell up to 5 days
- ACA / ACCA qualified with practice experience
- Accounts preparation skills
- Sage, Excel, Word and ideally CaseWare (accounts and audit) and tax software
- Experience of the Not for Profit Sector would be an advantage
- Previous experience of supervising junior members of staff
- Good communication - oral and written, ability to deal with variety of people in different environments
To find out more, please contact ACA Consultant Shamiso Chirimuuta at email@example.com
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Please note that any references to salary or pay rates in this advertisement and in the salary refinement section are indicative only and should only be used as a guide.