A leading firm in banking and financial services requires a Funds Lawyer to join their team.
- Provision of legal guidance and expertise to the Fund Services Business throughout Europe, specifically although not limited to Ireland, Luxembourg and the UK, including general advice and negotiation and drafting of transaction documentation and contracts.
- Providing day-to-day legal advice and guidance in relation to the flow business and generally, ad hoc legal advice, as required.
- Working with the Fund Services Business and the respective industry groups to assess and implement new regulatory requirements.
- Assessing legal risk, advising on such risk and reviewing policies and procedures and processing changes to mitigate risk.
- Attendance at internal and external meetings.
- Instructing and liaising with external counsel, as required.
- Advising the Fund Services Business on key legal/regulatory issues.
- Participation in Projects and the development of operational processes which have a legal impact.
- Assisting the Fund Services Business to implement new initiatives.
- Liaising with Business representatives and legal/compliance colleagues and other control functions (e.g. credit, tax etc) in EMEA and globally (US and Asia).
- Minimum of 5 years post qualification experience with a City law firm or equivalent experience as lawyer obtained in private practice or in-house.
- Strong background in traditional and alternative funds.
- Ability to understand the business needs and partner with the business to create solutions.
- Strong organizational and project management skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Pragmatic with excellent business sense.
- Strong understanding of the interplay between legal and business risk.
- Ability to interact effectively with clients.
- Strong negotiation and drafting skills.
- Ability to work independently, manage complex projects and multitask successfully in fast-paced and complex business environment; and
- Background in providing legal services to operational intensive businesses is preferred.
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
Please note that any references to salary or pay rates in this advertisement and in the salary refinement section are indicative only and should only be used as a guide.