FINANCE ANALYST - LARGE RETAIL BRAND
My client is a leader in their market looking to recruit a Finance Analyst to join their central finance function for an initial 3 month contract. This role is a key business partner to the Commercial and Operations teams, driving two key areas; improvement of operational performance and financial modelling for forecasting expectations. The company are looking to invest in their sites, and are looking for a contractor to support with the preparation of the reporting and financial modelling.
Key responsibilities for this role;
- Develop strong relationships with key stakeholders to facilitate driving the business forward.
- Business partner with stakeholders ensuring they understand performance.
- Generating valuable insight for internal stakeholders.
- Produce regular forecasting with the support of the operations finance business partners and the commercial finance team.
- Oversight of the budgeting process, ensuring deadlines are met for submission to internal stakeholders and that budgets are effectively communicated.
- Ensuring that financial performance metrics are aligned to the overall business plan.
- Responsible for the Quarterly business review process.
- Consolidate feedback from the quarterly business review process to deliver qualitative insight that supports the financial performance insight of the business.
- Develop and use standardised processes to analyse current cost model to explain performance.
- Review periodic performance identifying key risks and opportunities on the P&L.
- Provide ad hoc support and analysis when needed.
To be successful in your application for this role it is beneficial to have;
- Part/Qualified Accountant (CIMA, ACCA or eq.)
- Demonstrable experience operating within a large corporate organisation, working in commercial finance or property/stores investment teams
- Experience running scenario analysis using finance models
- Experiencing of working in a team with varied stakeholders
- Advanced Excel skills and SAP experience essential
- Strong attention to detail
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
Please note that any references to salary or pay rates in this advertisement and in the salary refinement section are indicative only and should only be used as a guide.