Global investment bank seeks VP level Front Office Equities Market risk Manager as part of their expanding market risk team.
The role of the Equity Market Risk Manager covers all Market Risk Management aspects with regards to London Based Equity Trading Books.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Partnering with the business to set-up the market risk limit mandates, interacting daily with the traders with regards to positions and exposure vs. limits
- Being proactive and leading changes and enhancements in relation to Market Risk Equities
- Maintain a robust and efficient control environment across Market Risk, Equities, to ensure good operational, financial and project management and compliance with banks policies and procedures, together with early identification and effective resolution or escalation of issues that arise.
- Implement and maintain Market Risk, Equities Management Information (MI) analysis framework that supports and informs timely and effectively senior Business and Risk stakeholders.
- Implementation and Oversight of Market Risk, Equities policy and governance framework, procedures, practices and standards to ensure quality, effective risk management and regulatory compliance
- Coverage for a large number of initiatives, be they Traded Risk, Regulatory or Front Office driven, as well as representation in various governance forums
- Daily interaction with the Market Risk control team, Equities and follow-up of any Market Risk Equity project related to the books
The ideal candidate for this role will have the below experience and qualifications:
- Outstanding knowledge of Equity Derivatives including exotics and of Prime Finance Equity Products
- Experience working in Trading Floor environment, Global Markets in either Trading or in Traded Risk supporting Equity activities
- Experience of Sophis, of Traded Risk systems, of VBA and Equity related experience
- Finance and Mathematical background combined with proven outstanding experience in Equity Market Risk Management or Control and Equity Derivative Trading of Structuration
- A track record of delivering significant change which improves business effectiveness in sustainable ways
- Proven experience of motivating others to deliver exceptional performance and long terms results
- Built effective networks both internally and externally and created opportunities for others to work collaboratively
- Dealt effectively with highly complex commercial information and business challenges to create strategic business plans which effectively deliver results
- Promoted and led best practice in risk and compliance management in a similar organisation
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Please note that any references to salary or pay rates in this advertisement and in the salary refinement section are indicative only and should only be used as a guide.