On the 21st May we held our first sales and marketing themed webinar on the topic of content marketing where we invited 4 influential speakers to share their thoughts and best practice with our audience.
Our four speakers recently delighted our audiences with their content marketing knowledge and were able to share with us some best practice on content marketing techniques, strategies and tips for success.
The questions were centered around four key areas:
1. How to approach a content strategy - are there any common mistakes to avoid?
2. Striking the balance: How can we overcome the issue of creating quality content whilst following brand guidelines or keeping the brand consistency? How can we become more agile in terms of getting our content approved through management and can technology help with this process?
3. What types of skills are in demand / needed for content marketing to succeed?
4. How can organisations start to measure content performance?
Some of the key takeaways are as below but we definitely recommend you watch the video for the full details:
- Successful content marketing requires a strong understanding of the audience you are communicating to, listen to your customers and understand their problems and concerns, then pair this with their content consumption habits. The content should meet their needs (not yours).
- Focus on quality (over quantity) – educate and inform – be authentic and be a thought leader in your space
- Amplification of content is important – examples inlcude working with influencers and driving engagement through online (social) conversation
- Consistency – aim for consistency between the corporate brand and personal brand of your employees. Have the right guidelines and tools in place to facilitate this but don't over complicate things
- Creation vs Curation – you don’t always have to try and invest in something new – Facebook and Twitter are all based around sharing existing content so a large part of a successful content strategy is having the capability and skills to be able to curate the right kind of content for your brand
- Measurement - average read time of content is a key metric for many organisations but there are sophisticated tools on the market that can help your organisation measure what is important
If you missed the session you can view the full recording and we'll also be updating our Turtl presentation tool with the key highlights and sending this to all who registered. If you would like a copy of this or are interested in following up with any of our speakers please email us on email@example.com
Join the Conversation
You can follow us @morganmckinley use the hashtag #successseries to join the conversation.
Morgan McKinley’s Success Series events are designed to create a space where current and future generations of leaders and specialist professionals can network and learn from experts.