Congratulations! You’ve managed to secure yourself a digital marketing interview! The next step is to prepare yourself as best you can.
It’s a daunting task, it can be difficult to know where to start as there are so many elements to digital marketing jobs. I put together a list of 50 digital marketing interview questions to help get you started! I hope you find them useful.
1. Explain SEO!
2. Explain the difference between 'On Page' and 'Off Page' SEO optimization?
3. Explain the difference between 'White Hat SEO' and 'Black Hat SEO'?
4. Talk to me about recent Google Algorithm changes?
5. What SEO tools do you recommend?
6. What tool(s) do you use to track your Keyword rankings?
7. What is page rank?
8. Explain what a 'Backlink' is Web analytics
9. What web analysing packages do you use
10. What do you analysis most often in Google Analytics?
11. How do you assess engagement/the value of a visitor?
12. Explain 'Bounce Rate'?
13. Define Session, Users and Pageviews.
14. What does Google Webmaster Tools do?
16. What are Google Analytics ‘Goals’ and why should I use them?
17. What is a good metric for measuring the quality of traffic to your website?
18. Why is social media important for businesses?
19. What Social Media platform(s) are best for businesses?
20. Can you talk about when you created a social media strategy explain your approach.
21. Explain the differences between writing for traditional web channels compared to writing for social media?
22. What are the most important social media marketing metrics to monitor regularly?
23. What’s the most important thing a social media manager should be doing?
24. Explain how to measure social ROI?
25. How do you deal with negative comments or a brand reputation crisis?
26. What tools do you use to manage your social media channels?
27. Can you talk to me about a social media brand strategy that has inspired you lately?
28. How do you moderate comments?
29. How do you check and stay on top of the latest updates, innovations, and new platforms in social media?
30. Can you talk to us about some of the challenges you have faced when introducing social media in your previous job, and explain how you overcame them?
31. Paid search marketing
32. Explain how google adwords work.
33. Do you have any direct experience managing a Google Adwords campaign?
34. What does quality score mean?
35. Explain CPC.
36. Is it good, bad or indifferent to pay for ads on terms that you already rank on for natural search?
37. How do you measure return on investment?
38. Explain your approach to writing winning ad copy
39. Explain what content marketing is?
40. How do you decide what topics to focus on?
41. If you are successful if this interview, what steps would you take to develop a content marketing strategy?
42. How do you determine if content is successful?
43. how do you promote your content?
44. Can you talk to me about a content strategy that you have implemented? Was it successful?
45. How important is video content?
46. How do you know analysis if content has performed well?
47. Describe how you optimise content for search engines
49. Did you get time to review our company website, what improvements do you suggest.
50. Explain the variations between online and digital marketing?
51. What is the difference between a app and a responsive website?
52. What does user centric web design mean?
53. What website CMS platforms are you familar with (Wordpress, Drupal, Joomla? )
54. Why did you decide for a career in digital marketing?
55. How do you think your experience of digital marketing will benefit our business?
56. Where do you see yourself in five years’ time
57. Can you talk to us about the biggest challenge of your digital marketing career so far? And how did you overcome it?
58. What most attracted you to this this digital marketing job?
59. How would you handle negative feedback about your brand?
60. What’s do you like about our current marketing? What could we do better?